1) SocialGO lets you easily create and run a feature-filled social networking website.
You choose who can join, what they can do and how it looks and the best part is it’s free to get going.
2) Ning offers the latest social networking features, all infinitely customizable to meet your unique needs. The Ning Platform makes this possible. As a platform, you don’t have to appeal to Ning for the features you want. If you have the time and the inclination, you can build them yourself. It’s the software equivalent of Home Depot. Unlike other services that offer a “one-size-fits-all” offering, your social network on Ning runs on a programmable platform.
3) Elgg allows you to create your own social network, quickly and easily. Elgg allows you to take full advantage of the power of social technology with elegant, flexible solutions for organizations, groups and individuals.
4) WackWall is a free service that lets you create your own social network website.
No installation, no downloads, NO FEES - choose the title and address for your social network and go customize it. FREE.
5) Use KickApps to power audience growth & engagement on your website. Build your own community with social networking and photo & video sharing; create your own widgets, custom video players and much more.
There are many other good service for creating Social Networking websites but they are not free. We’ll discuss about it in my future posts.